Next Jump Implementing Feedback App for Self/Group
- How could the tool help you in meetings you’re already having? Inventory your meetings that could ask for feedback
- We recommend starting out with Level 1 – use the Feedback App as a scoring tool for a presentation.
- If updates/presentations (fixed speakers – e.g. everyone on team is presenting an update) – leave 30 seconds between each presentation for everyone to use feedback app
- If working session (more fluid) – leave 5 minutes at end of a meeting for everyone to use feedback app together
Example of how Next Jump inventoried programs:
Asking For Feedback: Stand in the line for the truth
In asking for feedback, here are some lessons we’ve learned:
- Normalize that giving a “2” is meeting expectations (give permission)
- Start with a self-assessment. “I think I am a “Needs improvement” because…
- Ask for immediate visceral reaction – don’t worry for the right words
- Recommend to the givers of feedback they do opposite of what your mom always told you (“if you can’t say something nice…) – Don’t water it down!
Which line are you in?